While assigned to work as a financial officer with the Long Beach Police Athletic League (PAL) a non-profit 501(c)(3), in which he managed the operational budget, Tai mentored many at-risk inner city kids in the after school programs provided by the PAL program from age 6 to 18.
Tai organized activities, field trips and allocated equipment while working closely with the City of Long Beach Parks and Recreation for the after school programs, to give the kids in high risk and low income residential areas not only a safe place to play, but also to learn responsibility, promote social skills, build confidence and self-esteem.
Tai continues to be active in community work, reaching out to different local organizations and groups to try and understand the issues people are facing and need help with. His primary focus has been in helping and mentoring young people. His compassion, genuine care, and effective teaching techniques have transformed many youths and earned him the respect from all those whom he has mentored.
- California Police Officer Standard of Training (POST) Basic Police Academy Instructor and Proctor
- Long Beach Police Academy Instructor
- Rio Hondo Police Academy Instructor
- California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Certified Firearms and Baton Instructor
- Member of the Long Beach Police Department Pistol Team from 1999-2009
- Instructor of the Koga’s police arrest control and defensive tactics since 1999
- California Technical Education (CTE) Teacher
- As a successful small business owner with 15 years of experience, Tai Do understands the struggle of running a business and what it takes to overcome difficult challenges.
GOAL AND VISIONS
With over two decades of dedicated public service and a distinguished career as a Police Officer, Tai Do aspires to continue his duty to the community and serve the citizens of his hometown of Westminster. He wants to bring his vast experience as a law enforcement official, an educator, a mentor, and a successful small business owner to City Hall. His leadership will bring new ideas, transparency, and a fresh perspective to the table which are necessary to solve the problems we are facing today.
His inspirational and courageous story of overcoming obstacles has permitted him a unique look at what the people and community need as a whole to thrive as well as prosper.
Throughout his career, Tai has always believed in getting people involved to solve community issues by listening to them and taking their input in all important matters.
Tai aspires to make his beloved city of Westminster a safe place to live, to raise children, and to do business, by advocating for a well- trained, well equipped and well paid city employee and public safety force to keep our seniors, children, homes and businesses safe.
Tai wants to improve the city economy by removing excessive bureaucracy to help stimulating the economic growth and through direct collaboration and cooperation with business owners and citizens to invest in transforming Little Saigon in Westminster into a world class tourist destination.
Tai wants to restore accountability and transparency. Open door policy creates trust and increases public participation. A well informed community is a strong community.
Tai has walked to many neighborhoods in Westminster. He has met many residents and made many friends. Tai has learned of issues that deeply concern our Westminster residents.
The great City of Westminster can use a person like Tai who has an impeccable lifelong public service record with integrity, principles. Tai is not seeking public office for power, but to advance the Constitution and to care for the quality of life of its citizens.
TAI IS COMMITTED TO SERVE AND TO LEAD WITH INTEGRITY
- California State Senator Janet Nguyen
- California State Senator Patricia Bates
- Westminster Police Officers’ Association
- Westminster Municipal Employees’ Association
- Long Beach Police Officers’ Association
- Los Angeles Police Emerald Society
- Association of Orange County Deputy Sheriffs
- Huntington Beach Councilman Billy O’Connell
- Garden Grove Councilman Phat Bui
- Garden Grove Police Association
- Orange County Fire Authority
- Orange County Professional Firefighters Association
“I ASK FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO EARN YOUR SUPPORT. IT WOULD BE AN ENORMOUS PRIVILEGE TO SERVE AS YOUR NEXT COUNCIL MEMBER.” – TAI DO